1) Is it really suitable for beginners?
2) I'm quite advanced in crocheting. Is this book worth my money?
3) What are the pros and cons of this book?
1) Clear, step by step photos.
2) Easy to follow instructions.
3) Contains a large number of techniques and tips that are very useful.
1) These are instructions only. There are no patterns. For example, when showing how to make a circle, it says "crochet the required amount of stitches into the ring. Your pattern will specify how many". Some of the techniques would be easier to understand if they had a small swatch you could make to try out the new technique (I found this kind of irritating as I was just a beginner, and I did not have any patterns).
So, I would recommend this book to a beginner crocheter. But for an advanced crochet, I would recommend something more challenging.
If you have any questions about this review or the book, feel free to comment below.
This concludes the first part of our four week review series :)